Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Sea of Galilee

I spent my first week on pilgrimage in Israel in Galilee. I found myself gazing again and again at the Sea of Galilee. Its serene and majestic beauty spoke deeply to me. It was amazing to think that here, along the shore of these waters, is where Jesus' ministry began.

Here are a few of my photos of the Sea of Galilee.


Looking down from Arbel Cliff.



On the shore at Capernaum.



Setting sail on a Sunday morning.



Looking back at Tiberias.



Heading out into deeper waters.

2 comments:

Peter Carey said...

wow, Wow, and WOW!

Thank you for sharing these with us, I want to go tomorrow!

Blessing on you on All Saints' Day!

Peter Carey+
http://santospopsicles.blogspot.com

Bryan Owen said...

And blessings to you, Peter, on this All Saints' Day!

Wow, indeed! If you've never been to the Holy Land, I encourage you to start making plans to do so. It's an amazing experience to just be in the places where our Lord's ministry took place.

For me, the Sea of Galilee sums up so much. I'm not quite sure yet how to put that into words (poetry is probably better than prose - and I haven't written poetry in over 25 years), but there's just something about that body of water that goes to the heart of it all.

More pictures yet to come ...