Thursday, November 17, 2011

Musical Interlude with Bruce Cockburn

I recently rediscovered the music of Canadian singer/songwriter Bruce Cockburn. The spiritual depth of his lyrics and the accompanying music are quite powerful. Below are some of the gems I've come across on YouTube with some lyric samples, closing with a gorgeous instrumental piece.



"There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it?
Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit.
The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain.
One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain."





"Somebody touched me deep in my bones
Turned a key in the hole there was somebody home
Some would say that I'm dreaming but I swear that it's true
Somebody touched me I know it was you"





"I'm blown like smoke and blind as wind
Except for when your love breaks in
Maybe to those who love is given sight
To pierce the wall of seeming night
And know it pure beyond all imagining"





"When you know even for a moment that it's your time
Then you can walk with the power of a thousand generations"











No comments: