Saturday, October 6, 2012

Musical Interlude with Linkin Park

Lately I've been listening to music by the American rock band Linkin Park.  I'm impressed!  I love the interplay between the two vocalists that often takes place in their songs.  And I note that the lyrics have a spiritual depth that cuts straight to the heart.  Below are three of their songs I find  particularly compelling.



"Bring me home in a blinding dream
Through the secrets that I have seen
Wash the sorrow from off my skin
And show me how to be whole again"





"I wanna heal, I wanna feel
Like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong"





"In these promises broken
Deep below
Each word gets lost in the echo"



1 comment:

George Dunning said...

I think this is another example of just how the arts can indeed be a window to the soul and that 'world' we do not see but is fully real. Icons?